WRITING SUCCESS A1 Student’s Book
Writing Success A1 is designed for post-beginner-level young learners of English.
Carefully levelled activities guide students as they expand their core vocabulary and gain familiarity with fundamental structures. Students gradually build their confidence in writing about a wide range of topics and everyday situations as they progress towards producing their own responses to prompts.
• Colourful pictures introduce the target vocabulary and provide visual clues to meaning. Students make their own sentences about the pictures, filling in the gaps with the target vocabulary.
• The Language Box provides simple examples or explanations of the target grammar. Students can look at the illustrations and complete the dialogues using the target grammar and vocabulary. They practise using the target grammar through a comprehension and gap-fill activity.
• Students use the pictures as the starting point for completing, then answering questions. These questions practise comprehension and correct use of grammatical structures. When they are comfortable with the grammar and vocabulary, students move on to the next activity where they will write about themselves.
• The general review section recycles some of the key vocabulary and target structures from earlier units. This provides a great opportunity to familiarise students with the kinds of questions they will encounter on future tests, such as the Cambridge A1 Movers exam.
- themed units with graded topic-based vocabulary
- realistic topics and everyday themes
- systematic progression of important structures
- colourful illustrations to support understanding
- separate vocabulary, grammar, comprehension and writing practice
- gradually increasing task complexity and difficulty